Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and Lynn suggested we go out for breakfast. We drove about 9 miles into Bethesda to The Original Pancake House, one of my favorite places for breakfast. Lynn introduced me to this chain more than 20 years ago while we were dating. They have a restaurant in Anahiem, CA in an old house and we used to go there a couple of times a month. We haven't been to one in over a year and it was a real treat. After breakfast, we drove to the University of Maryland College Park Metro station where parking is free on weekends and took the subway to the Mall and walked to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History where we spent the day. We saw the Hope Diamond, a large, 45.52 carats, deep-blue diamond, there. When we returned home, Lynn fixed a nice buffalo steak on the grill. While at the museum, I got a call from my daughter Wendy, wishing me a Happy Father's Day. All in all, a great day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment